Tuesday, November 20, 2012

TWD: Best Ever Brownies


As I am a serious (and incorrigible) chocoholic, perhaps it shouldn't come as a surprise that I love brownies.  In fact, to say that I love them might even be an understatement.  To me there is nothing like a dense, fudgey brownie; one that is so rich that I can't stand to take more than a couple of bites before I have to stop eating and turn to my coffee.  These brownies deliver exactly that kind of chocolate punch.

This recipe was excellent.  I'm not sure if I have a favorite brownie recipe.  I have a few I like and I choose the one I make by how much time I have to spend on it and which ingredients I have in the pantry.  I could see myself making these again.  The whipped egg whites that are folded in give the interior of these brownies a nearly mousse-like consistency, which is certainly a novelty and they are as rich as any of my other recipes are.

If you are interested in trying these out, see A Beautiful Mess.

11 comments:

  1. Glad to hear these were a brownie success for you. I think the verdict is going to be mixed this week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel that way about chocolate too sometimes. I didn´t follow the mixing method at all, used just one bowl, and they were super fudgy and tasted soooo good! Your brownies look extra good Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see another lovely post by you!!! Looks tempting, like always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your brownies look delicious! Dense, chocolatey and perfect for a chocoholic :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also a chocoholic and love these. Your brownies look perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the picture -- looks wonderful! Catherine www.praycookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look like true chocolate fudge. A chocolate lover's dream.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These were soooooo good. Loved the fudgy-ness of them. Yours look perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These brownies are really dense and chocolaty! Yours look delicious :)

    ReplyDelete